Mitigation- What to expect
It can be difficult navigating through the necessary steps to get the mitigation process going when you are facing damage or loss to your personal property and home. We will guide you though the process and will even handle the insurance company directly.
We specialize in the following areas:
- Fire and Smoke Damage
- Water and Flood Damage
- Trauma and Infectious Disease Clean Up
- Emergency Board Up
Our goal is to get you back to pre-loss living as quickly as possible while maintaining an excellent level of service.
Dedicated to Quality and Service
Property Craft is a Licensed General Contractor. We clean and mitigate with reconstruction in mind. Our goal is to make the transition between mitigation and rebuild as easy as possible.
Safety is our number one priority and keeping a clean job-site is essential to keep both our team members and your family members safe while in the property.
We use the latest Infrared Technology to help pin point damage
addressing the source is key in all types of losses. Our IR cameras save you time and money by allowing us to see hot and cold. These quick reference points help us find places without visual damage.
- Property Craft Handling- Property Craft will move any items that may require mitigating and protect your property.
- Privacy- Property Craft Respects your privacy and believes that any life choices you make is your business. The homeowner may request time to remove all content from the property prior to the start of work. However, if the company encounters illegal items or activity the authorities may be alerted.
- Jewelry, Heirlooms, Fire Arms or Paraphernalia It is the homeowners responsibility to remove all items that they do not want us to see or handle. For any valuable items left onsite please inform our staff prior to work and fill out a valuable content sheet.
Onsite/Offsite Contents may be stored at the homeowner’s home, in a mobile Conex or an offsite facility.
Salvageable vs Non-Salvageable
- Salvageable This specification includes items that have either been unaffected or can be cleaned and saved.
- Non-Salvageable This specification is designated in one of two ways. The first designation would be if an item is completely damaged and cannot repaired or cleaned. Examples include physically burned or charred items. The second designation would be items that might be saved but require multiple processes to clean/repair. The carrier may determine that it would cost less to replace an item rather than pay for multiple attempts to clean.
- Documentation Property Craft will generate a list of non-salvageable items for the owner to approve. We will bill for the time to generate the list and the time to input the list into an insurance approved format.
- Rentals & Tenants If you have tenants present and their content has been damaged they can remove content themselves or Property Craft can remove content for an additional charge to the homeowner. Time is of the essence.
Your insurance may pay to have your firearms professionally cleaned and test fired
Your insurance may pay to have your antique furniture restored to pre-loss condition
Dry Cleaners can remove smoke odor or mold spores to save clothes and other soft goods.